Meat Loafs:
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 C. milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion salt
- 1 tsp. dried parsley leaves
- dash pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 6 sticks of mozzarella cheese (cheese sticks)
Mix everything together by hand except for the cheese sticks. Divide into 6. Shape each "loaf" around a cheese stick. (make sure you can't see any cheese peeking out.) Set aside.
Sauce: (I almost double all the seasonings in the sauce, but we like lots of flavor!)
- 2 15 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 C. chopped onion
- 1 TBLS. dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt (I do a good 3/4 tsp.!)
In a large skillet combine all the sauce ingredients. Add loaves and spoon sauce over each loaf until well coated. Cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes each side. (I usually cook mine on medium for at least 45 minutes, making sure each loaf is done!) Serve over spaghetti or cooked noodles! (also goes great with garlic bread!)
No comments:
Post a Comment