- 3/4 C sweetened condensed milk, divided into 1/4 C and 1/2 C (fat free is fine)
- 1/4 C butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 C non-fat milk
- 1 box (18.25 oz) devils food cake mix
- 1 large egg white slightly beaten
- 1 7oz jar marshmallow creme
- 1/2 C peanut butter morsels (I'm not gonna lie, I used a good 1 C and it was perfect!)
Sunday, August 7, 2011
Ooey-Gooey Peanut Butter Brownies
This recipe is from Cooking Light, Sept. 2010
To say the Clark family loves brownies would be an understatement. Anytime there is a gathering for any reason, brownies are usually brought out as a dessert. I made these for a get together when Jeff and Jaclyn were down from Utah last month, and I just gotta thank my lucky stars I wasn't on any restricted diet or anything so I could enjoy these big boys!
With an electric mixer, combine 1/4 C sweetened condensed milk, milk, butter, cake mix, and egg white. The mixture will be really thick. Spray 9x 12 pan with cooking spray. Press 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of the pan. (It'll be thin.) Bake for 10 minutes. (I find it's over baked by 10, so I do 8 minutes, but do whatever you feel is best.)
While the bottom is baking, combine 1/2 C sweetened condensed milk and marshmallow creme in a bowl until smooth. Stir in the PB morsels. Once the bottom of the brownie is done, spread the marshmallow layer over brownie layer in pan. (No need to let it cool.) Carefully drop remaining brownie batter by spoonfuls over marshmallow mixture. Bake for 20-30 minutes. (I personally thin the 20 minutes is perfect, but again, I like some moisture in my brownies other than a dry bite I HAVE to wash down with milk. Just sayin.) Remove from oven and cool before cutting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment