I was first introduced to this delightful and scrumptious recipe at my last Relief Society leadership training we did. Cynthia, one of my secretaries, was in charge of the dessert and boy did she do it right! I'm not the biggest apple pie/turnover fanatic, but I seriously think I talked about these for weeks afterword! The true test came on my father-in-law's birthday when I made them for him. (He loves apple pie.) I am told they were delicious, and my kids begged for another week for me to make them again, so I'll stick with "these are not just a Jami loves recipe!" Oh, and can you say EASY?
- 2 of the 8 count crescent roll tubes
- 2 granny smith apple, peeled
- a hidden ingredient below: 1/2 C Mountain Dew
Start by unrolling the rolls and separating them so they are just triangles. Core and cut the apples into 8 slices (very easy to do with a round apple slicer!). Put each apple slice on the fat end of the triangle and roll it up. Spray baking dish (glass cake pan if you have one) with Pam and place the rolls in the dish.
Meanwhile, melt on medium heat in a saucepan:
- 1 C sugar
- 2 cubes butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla (add this once off the heat)
Cover the rolls with the sauce mixture, sprinkle them with cinnamon, then pour 1/2 C mountain Dew just along the edges of the pan right before they go into the oven.
Bake @ 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
Pair this with vanilla ice cream. Yes, you'll somehow have to work off these calories, but it'll be worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment