Thursday, June 3, 2010

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

I love this soup year round. This soup also freezes well, which is nice as it make a LOT!

Broth:
  • 4-6 C. water (I usually do 6)
  • 4 heaping TBS. chicken bullion
  • *I usually boil 6 chicken breasts in this broth for 30 minutes and then shred it, but the actual recipe calls for 6 precooked chicken breasts, cubed.
Add: (then cook until tender)
  • 2 stalks celery (optional)
  • 5 C. diced potatoes (about 7 medium/large potatoes)
  • 3 C. sliced carrots (about 1 1/2 lbs carrots)
  • 1 large white or yellow onion, diced

Once the veggies are tender, add:

  • 4 cans cream of chicken soup *I like to substitute 2 of those cans for cream of onion soup.
  • 1 can evaporated milk
  • 16 oz. sour cream
  • 12 oz. package of noodles (cooked and drained!)

Combine everything into one LARGE pot, and allow to simmer, but DO NOT BOIL! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment